Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday's WOD Results

Man, it was HOT and HUMID in there today! Good job everyone and welcome to all the new guys; hope to see you back.

OK, now for the bad news; there will be no organized class on Friday. Dave and Joel are involved in training and I will be headed up to Fort Worth to GSX CrossFit (http://gsxcrossfit.blogspot.com/) to be a judge in the Southwest Regional CrossFit Qualifiers for the 2009 CrossFit Games. Tomorrow I will post a WOD you can execute on your own on Friday of you want.

I really encourage you guys to come up and watch, if you have the opportunity. You will get a chance to see some of the top CrossFitters in the nation go at it as hard as they can. Plus, GSX is a great facility with some great trainers. Tucker runs the box and he's also the guy who travels around doing gymnastic certifications for CrossFit. If you guys are interested in us hosting him for a gymnastic cert, let me know.

Here is a link to the webpage with all the details of the qualifiers: http://www.southwestcfregionals.com/ There is plenty of free parking and they will have vendors and food available.

I'll definitely be there Friday night and I'm judging on Sunday so I'll be there all day. If I don't have any duties on Saturday, I'll be here.

We will have a new female trainer assisting us beginning on Monday (I think). Her name is Erin and she's a Level I certified CrossFit trainer who has been training people for a while. She and her husband just PCS'd here and we are looking forward to her knowledge and experience getting added into the mix!

OK, now the results; sorry if I missed your time or weight - just post the correction to the blog comments:

Adam - 10:37 15# (7 rnds)
Julio - 11:30 20#
Jenn - 13:58 20#?
Ray - 12:54 rx
Russ - 12:25 20#
Ryan - 11:18 25#
VZ - 15:32 Rx
Andy - ??
Maria - 15:03 15#
Renee' - 18:38 5#
Carla - 16:41 5#
Alicia - 14:56
Reagan - 17:52 Rx
Megan - 11:17 rnds??
Valerie - 18:25 #??
Mike - 12:54 30#
Nate - 12:51 Rx
Don - 17:27 Rx

10 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

Nice job! Yes, you have the right weight for me!

Looking forward to the regionals, hopefully my kids will have fun too!!!!

Julio said...

Due to my improper squat form today, my calves are extremely sore. Ought to listen to the experts better...

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Jenn,

Mel and our kids will be up there Sunday too.

Jenn Kruse said...

Don, what time are you guys headed up there??? The WOD starts at 9am right????

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Jenn,

We will be headed up early Sunday; probably departing about 0530 or so. I have to be there before 0830 and we'll grab some breakfast at a Denny's or something once we get to Fort Worth.

Jenn Kruse said...

Oh alright, I won't bitch about the time...God help me.

Now where's the WOD the rest of us will just happen to do in your absents????

Dave Taylor said...

Don you should give up on the Paleo for a day and go to the waffle house in hillsboro

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Jenn,

?Have no fear - you WILL have a trainer! Joel is working on a WOD for you guys right now and will post it shortly......enjoy..... ;-)

Waffle House huh? I might just do it...

Jenn Kruse said...

What!!!???? I thought Joel was outta the loop for awhile....oh well, what do I know.

Cool!!!

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

You guys just got lucky tomorrow1 Joel decided he needed a workout....