Monday, April 20, 2009

"Murph" results and various ramblings...

AWESOME job everyone!! That is one of the most difficult WODs in CrossFit - well done gutting your way through it. Please ensure you drink lots of water and eat well to help your body recover. We will have a less challenging WOD on Wednesday! Also, we will go 7 days without pull-ups to give everyone's hands a chance to heal. I'm working on a compilation of some hand rip info and will do my best to get it posted this week for you guys.

All you bad a$$ CrossFitters are invited over Friday for some burned meat on the grill! Kids are welcome too - we will provide some grilled fish for the adults (let me know if there is an issue with fish). There will be two variants, lemon pepper and spicy - put your requests in! We will also provide some barley sodas (adult beverages) but if you want more than a couple, it's BYOB. Feel free to bring your drink of choice though! We'll also have some hot dogs for the kids.

Beyond the fish and initial supply of barley sodas, it's a pot luck so feel free to bring whatever sides you want. The fish will be Zone / Paleo friendly but if you guys want this to be a cheat day, go for it!

Let me know if you plan on coming and number kids, etc so we have planning factors. I'll bring directions Friday or you can email me for directions; we live on post.

If you haven't used the ICE comments, please do to tell MWR how much we appreciate and how kick a$$ the new kit is. Also let them know if you think we need more classes or more space - i.e. less cardio equipment in our room.

Finally, check out http://games2009.crossfit.com/ for the latest on the CrossFit Games! The Regional qualifiers kicked off last weekend and there are some incredible athletes competing that will definitely inspire you. Some great video is up from last weekend's events. I am a judge at the Hell's Half Acre qualifiers up in Fort worth, 2-3 May http://www.southwestcfregionals.com/ feel free to come and watch some phenomenal athletes in person and if you want to volunteer to help out, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the dudes handling that.

OK, sorry for the length...

"Murph"

Julio - 50:00
Alicia - 57:57
Reagan - 46:53
Lilla - 36:54 (half Murph)
Brandon - 55:13
Leslie - 63:40
Jenn - 59:17
Don - 63:07 - rx'd with body armor
Ken - 60:23
Renee' - 43:41
Emily - 76:56
Valerie - 56:50
Megan - 79:37
Allen - 62:00
Maria - did 1 mile and all the pull-ups, push-ups and squats but succumb to the heat during her final 1 mile run - still and awesome performance!
Joel - 46:23 - Joel knocked this out after work - great job Joel!

OK Leslie, lets see the pics from today!

9 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

Can't wait for the cookout!!! It'll be myself and my two boys.

I was going to bring something healthy, like asparagus but Leslie and Maria told me I needed to bring cheat food. Therefore, I will be bringing banana bread.

Killer workout! Great job everybody!!!

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Cool, cheat food it is!!

briteyez1996 said...

I'll be there with my 3 kids. I don't know what i'll bring, but I'll figure out something.

Leslie said...

i dont know too what I'll bring, but I will bring something. Also, I will bring me, myself and I.

Don I wish I could volunteer for that weekend but I will be in Hawaii still. Out for two week starting next monday 4/27. dont worry I will be on the game and try to stay away from the "stair way to heaven" food like pig feet.lol. I'll do the workouts on my own. and I have made arrangements with CF Oahu for the time I am on Oahu.

See you all wednesday and Great workout everyone...finally jumping in bed at 11:16pm. will get them pics to you asap DON!

BTY, must I say RX murph without the armor.

WE GOT AWESOME TRAINERS!

Leslie said...

HA! I got the pics uploaded and send to you!

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Anyone else feeling as wrecked as I am this morning???

It's rest day today!

Julio said...

My legs are killing me!! Luckily, today is swim day for me!

Leslie said...

my shoulder are tight, right at the armpit. My legs a fine. I stretched them pretty well I guess...ended up riding my bike from forthood to cleobay honda, the shuttle driver took forever. it was a nice ride!, well...sorta

we'll see if I can pull a short 3 mile run this eve....

Don, I will need to purchase a Large shirt. at the cookout....

Valerie said...

Cora and I will be there... might bring her friend in tote as well. I will figure something out to bring...not sure maybe something with shrimp and the cilantro I have growing out back...hope you are all nice and sore like me..it is a great feeling.