Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"DT" results and musings....

Great job today - you guys are getting f@cking strong! I saw some good form and people lifting enough weight to make them miss attempts and struggle some - well done!

You guys are also really getting the intensity part. People with fast times were aware they needed to go up in weight and voiced that - that is EXCELLENT! Knowing how much a WOD should suck and recognizing you are not operating at the edge of your capability is a sure sign of a mature, dedicated CrossFitter.

Also, we will be designing a "Fittest Fort Hood" competition (feel free to submit more clever names and we'll vote on them). It will be a two day event with two WODs the first day an done on the second. Teams of 4 (initial concept anyway) will enter and there will be awards for the top teams and top individual males and females. We NEED a Centurion team!! Dave and I will design and vet the WODs so we are out of the running.

Things we are looking for - t-shirts for everyone who participates and everyone who judges. Plaques and / or medals for top teams and individuals. We will highlight any sponsors with links on our webpage. I want the majority of the proceeds from the entry fees to go to the Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/). My intent is for MWR and the post to get heavily involved in this so they can help provide support.

Finally - big shout out to Matt - we miss you and hope you heal up soon and are back with us for WODs!

"DT" Results
Julio - 8:06 (65#)
Valerie - 7:40 (45#)
Reagan - 17:11 (85#)
Emily - 9:15 (25#)
Jenn - 8:43 (45#)
Leslie - 19:48 (75#)
Alicia - 12:02 (45#)
Megan - 12:51 (25#)
Maria - 10:35 (45#)
Ken - 14:03 (95#)
Pule - 12:13 (115#)
Ray - 14:34 (95#)
Carla - 13:02 (PVC)
Renee - 16:25 (PVC)
Don - 21:31 (135#) I suck!
Joel - 15:51 (115#)
Dave - 25:45 (as rx'd!)

7 comments:

angaritag said...

Great times, guys. Any idea when you might be shooting for this post event? I'd like to get a team together and train up like it's the Crossfit Games or something. You guys are looking good out there

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

I think it will be in July - when it's still nice and cool - hah!

Seriously, it will end up being in July do to everyone's work schedule.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

F@cken aawesome workout guys!!!! You all ROCKED!

So nice to be back with the gang. I think I am a dedicated crossfitter, don't you think, desipte all the comments that I need a pych eval which were recommended upon by my coworkers.hah..whateeeeever. nothing wrong with my heart on crossfitting.

DON and DAVE please give me a tentative weekend in July, is it going to be on a weekend or on the weekday? the CF fort hood challenge? I NEED to be off from work. so I can request in advance...again.lol
So exciting....

Anyway, look forward to friday's workout, will try not to rip the hands open again! Holly Sh!T I have friday off! first friday in a long time....

Don't forget guys! Thai food after fridays workout...

don't worry I will bring the camera.lol

Crap long post. hah
laters crossfitters

sorry that was me, all the deleted post'

Leslie said...

No you don't suck DON! you are awesome!

Quote:" You must have good trainers back home"

from the Crossfit Owners, Eric at Crossfit Revolution, and Nathan from Crossfit Malicious in Tampa and Brandon, Florida!

u better believe it

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Thanks for the props Leslie! i just get the ass, when I can't go as rx'd! Grrrrr...

Dave, Joel and I will have to look at our schedules and base the date upon our available time. You will have plenty of advanced notice to take off work and it will be over a weekend.

Tomorrow should be a good one....