Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Hopper Deck has spoken...


and it uttered a WOD - "Murph"...


For time:

1 mile Run

100 Pull-ups

200 Push-ups

300 Squats

1 mile Run


In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.


This workout was one of Mike's favorites and he'd named it "Body Armor". From here on it will be referred to as "Murph" in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.


Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

8 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

Um, I think that if I had a 20-lb vest that I would just "happen" to forget it on this one **cough cough**.....but I am looking forward to this (silent prayer is being sent up for this one!)...yippee

Brandon Newton said...

I am smoked after the Cert this weekend, but I am coming to do this great WOD with you all tomorrow with Lilla. Look forward to seeing everybody!

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Congrats on getting certified Brandon! I was smoked after my cert too and definitely didn't feel like doing any WOD, let alone Murph!

We'll see ya tomorrow...

Him Chilliburger said...

what the what!!! weighted vest, what the what!!!

Leslie said...

Congratulations Brandon!!! I am so J! I wish I could get my cert. I need to one day. as soon as I get the extra cash. Yay a new trainer!
Will see you all in a few hours, I dont have my car so will ride my bike to CF, if you see a small flip on a bike, be careful it's me. lol.

Jenn Kruse said...

Yeah Brandon!!! WTG!

Readysetm said...

Holy crap, I feel like my body is crying and I don't know how to make it better. Thanks to everyone who helped me, thanks Dave for not letting me pass out in the parking lot, I would have made a very squishy speed bump :)
Maria

Jenn Kruse said...

Funny you should mention crying....I am so fatigued that's I almost crawled into my kids bed after changing their sheets. I don't know how I managed to make dinner and I don't know how I will make it til their bedtime, I wanna sleep NOW!