Sunday, March 15, 2009

Monday's WOD

As you know, Don returns from Korea on 27 March and then begins another 12-hour/day exercise on the 28th. Dave won't be back for three weeks and I'm out of town at least thru Tuesday night, so be patient as you will do more WODs without us.

Lately we're doing some of the same WODs so you can see how you are improving and be encouraged for your hard work.

Monday is supposed to be 79 degrees, so you'll be able to enjoy the weather with one that Don made us do on 9 January:

For time, 400-meters of lunges

Crush your old time!

For the newbies, this doesn't sound like a lot, but stay focused on good form: back knee "kisses" the ground each time; lumbar curve/back straight; don't use your hands to push off your leg; front leg should do most of work; extend out as far as you can; and, push through the pain!

Either someone can jot down everyone's times and post them in the comments or you can each post your times in the comments. I'll try to see if I can find a track in Arizona to do this with you.

13 comments:

Readysetm said...

Hey everyone, does anybody want to do this at Hood stadium? I think it'll be safer and I'm bringing my daughter so having her enclosed like an animal would help me out a little!
Maria

XFitDoc said...

If I can make it to the stadium, I will do it with you. My dog has a vet appointment at 11 o'clock so I'll do my best. Maybe your daughter can meet my daughter's toy poodle. No promises though.

Jenn Kruse said...

I'm in! I need to enclose my 6-yr old as well.

Leslie said...

I will be there at Hood Stadium too. I can enclose my personal belonging as I will be busy doing lunges. See you guys

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Whoo hoo - 400 m of lunges! I did this about 10 days ago with another guy here in Korea.

See you guys in about 11 days!! Can't wait to meet the new members too.

pule said...

great. like my legs r not hurting as it is already...but im game.

Jenn Kruse said...

16 minutes flat. I have "kiss" marks on both knees....I won't even say that that rocked...there are no words yet just OUCH!

Matt said...

Good workout and even better weather to work out in. Those Soldiers at the stadium had to think we were crazy. Before the workout I was still getting over a little soreness from Friday so I am guessing that now I will stay sore till Wed.----Good fun

Matt-15:26

Dave Taylor said...

the WOD is posted on the white board, things are good here in GA, I passed my PT test, but there was about 50 people who failed. One was a navy Cmdr (O-5) so sad

Leslie said...

Time: 15:57

No Matt they were J that we have rock solid legs to do those. lol
bu
t if you think about it, they prob thought we WERE crazy, especially the guys in pink tights.
Don, can't wait till you get back too!

Dave, Great Job on the PT and the Navy person that failed, awe, so sad yeah? he should have trained with CF.

It was fun guys out in the track! a day later, my legs are not sore, I'll give it another day to catch up woh me. Ok, see ya

Jenn Kruse said...

I wanted to stay in the fetal position yesterday but managed to stay busy and keep my legs moving around....today they are tight and I found going to the gym very challenging to get motivated.

I think that you all have morfed into a new motivation for me....

Dave, did the O-5 fail his P/U's? I'm assuming their standard there is tougher than the regular army's standard....good job dude!

Dave Taylor said...

yea he failed his push up and no they are not harder standards. It the same thing we do at hood, also like 10 people fell out of a formation run today

Readysetm said...

GAhhhh!! Where's Wednesday's workout!!???