Sunday, May 3, 2009

Monday's WOD


21, 15, and 9 reps of:


Box Jumps (20 inches women / 24 inches men)

KB Swings (1 pood women / 1.5 pood men)

Sumodeadlift Highpull (65lbs women / 95lbs men)


This was today's final WOD at Hell's Half Acre; it's a quick WOD but a smoker and came from the Hopper Deck (nine of spades). The fastest time posted today was 4:10 by a female; Dutch posted an impressive 4:24 and finished in first place for the male competitors.


Judging was an awesome experience and I learned a great deal being mentored by the likes of Kerry Moore and Dave Castro. I also talked to Tucker about us hosting a gymnastics cert so let me know, if you are interested.


8 comments:

Readysetm said...

That would have been really awesome to see, it's hard to imagine right now that I could compete at that level one day but it just takes time and all these guys and gals have been at it for a while. It would be great to have someone come in to teach us new skills, but does that mean we all have to pay, or is it just a matter of showing up and learning techniques?

Jenn Kruse said...

I've been wanting a WOD since Saturday's regionals!!!! And I think I know what I'm doing wrong on my kip:)

Can't wait for tomorrow!!!!

Jenn Kruse said...

OMG, me and Val are in that pic!!! We're tiny but we are there!!!

Dave Taylor said...

We would love to teach you guys more skills but right now with the open class and always getting new people we are getting behind on just teaching the basic movements. We are adding in as we can and will try to throw in more

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Yes, a gymnastics cert costs money. You just don't have to worry about traveling, if we host it.

Leslie said...

is there a projected date. Work is what keep me back from doing what I would enjoy.

very interested in a cert here. I am on it. let me know so I will make sure the boss gives me off

Jenn Kruse said...

Find the time clock that reads 7:33, we are the third and fourth tiny heads. I'm wearin a hat and Val is in front of me.

Readysetm said...

You guys are tiny! So glad you can kip Jenn, I'm gonna start working on it too, now that we've got more grip on the bars.