Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday's Results and admin notes

Well done today, that was a short one but a smoker! If I did not annotate you being as rx'd, let me know in the comments section. Here are the results:

Ryan - 7:22
Mike - 7:07 (Rx)
Ray - 6:38 (Rx)
Adam - 9:18
Julio - 9:07
Ben - 8:29
Maria - 9:29 (Rx)
Jenn - 10:28 (Rx)
Don - 7:43 (Rx)
Joel - 7:34 (Rx)
Karina - missed your time
Dene' - 10:52
VZ - 9:02 (Rx)
Erin - 7:21 (Rx)
Alicia - 10:33 (Rx)
Megan - 15:21
Reagan - 8:28 (Rx)
Renee' - 8:37
Ken - 10:10
Brandon - 9:52 (Rx)
Matthew - 9:20
Emily - 9:37
Francisco - 10:30
Ben - 13:14

First, a big welcome to the newest trainer helping us out - Erin!

Second, Lumberjack CrossFit here at Fort Hood is hosting a Level I cert July 25-26. Register for it ASAP before it sells out and avoid travel expenses! If you are active duty, there is a $200 discount for the cert. You can reserve your slot at: http://www.crossfit.com/ - look on the right hand side of the page in the Level I Certifications and scroll down until you find it. I am talking to CrossFit HQ about hosting our own Level I cert here and I expect that will occur in the fall - more to follow.

Finally, we are enjoying some growth in attendance lately. the trainers will all convene and discuss how to best provide you quality instruction in a safe environment. We have some space and equipment constraints as well as a limited number of trainers and those constraints limit our ability to train an ever increasing population. We may institute a Foundations class, which new personnel will be required to complete before entering the main class and we may have to set a cap on total number of personnel we can support in a class. We will try to overcome this by looking at offering additional classes. The bottom line is we are committed to providing you quality training and we will work with MWR to achieve a solution.

11 comments:

Leslie said...

Holy Crap! I remember when I was the only one there! Nice to see the CF family has grown. So did the workout today. modified with the aerobic steppers, 35 db, the 65 SHDLP

9:16 RX

o and rowed 1000m. lol

will try to make that cert. maybe I will find $1000 in exchange with the tooth fairy. j'k

Leslie said...

Registered! Yay

Jenn Kruse said...

Man, I wish that was in the budget...maybe in the fall.

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

I know Leslie - used to be a large class if we had 6 people and you were the only consistent one for a while - my how times have changed...

Good, glad you are going - you will get a ton out of it and we can definitely use an additional trainer!!

Leslie said...

hell yeah! best money spent!

Don, you will need to try my favorite cookies! "Kauai kookie Guava Macadamia" yummmm....

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Yummy! I bought some organic macadamia nut butter in Fort Worth this weekend - it's AWESOME!

Jenn Kruse said...

I need to stop eating so many dry roasted walnuts...I'm addicted!

briteyez1996 said...

I'm with you Jenn.....I'm gonna have to wait until fall for the cert or til I get back from deployment.
Don, I was talking to some of my fellow counselors today about cross fit(none still up for it) but one said the certification is being offered through Troop Schools. Is this true? She said she saw it on Phantom Distro.

Julio said...

How much is the certification fee? Went to the site and it showed a $1000.00 fee. Is it that expensive? Is MWR willing to pay for it?

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

I did not notice that annoucement on Phantom Distro. Have her go back and verify. I have no idea what Troop Schools even is.

Julio, the cert is $800 for military. You have to email CrossFit HQ for a code to enter when registering and it will automatically give you the discounted price.

Brandon Newton said...

Leslie- you will have a great time at the Cert.

I had not seen the Troop School thing, but I can't imagine that is true? I hope that is the case. see you all tomorrow-

Brandon