Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Party?

OK, we are thinking about having an informal get together this Friday at the bowling alley. Some beer and bowling before everyone goes there separate ways for the holidays but no gay present exchanging! I have put up poll so please let me know what you want to do.

Also, after much consideration, in light of the recent "conflict" between Robb Wolf and CrossFit HQ, I have removed the link on the blog to Robb Wolf's blog. Here is the reason:

I know Robb from the nutrition cert and respect his nutrition and training advice; I will buy his books, when they are published and those of you serious about nutrition would be wise to do the same. I know Dave Castro from military operations in combat, well before I began running an affiliate and I also know Greg Glassman pretty well after spending several days with him on a couple of occasions.

Greg and CrossFit HQ have been exceptionally generous to us. We have $20,000.00 worth of equipment thanks to them, we have two Level 1 certs; each with 45 free slots for Soldiers and Greg and numerous others worked their asses off to develop the Lumberjack Memorial Hero WOD and raise money for the fallen at Fort Hood. CrossFit HQ is also taking a team to Afghanistan to give free certs and equipment to Soldiers and is working with me to do the same during III Corp's deployment to Iraq. All of this is ON THEIR OWN DIME!

Robb's blog has descended into unprofessional name calling; a great deal directed at Greg. Greg, Dave and CrossFit HQ, on the other have maintained the high road in this. Due to this, I will no longer actively promote his blog on mine. It is unfortunate that this occurred but I cannot in good conscience continue to support someone who actively attacks those who have been so generous to me, the military and our community here at Fort Hood.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That is not right about the name calling. I think you did the right thing. I met Coach G once and it was an honor to talk with him and have a drink. Well said Don. I can make it Friday! whooo, I just need to get it through this work week. it is going to be a killer week with all this night shift back to back.

bowl and drink or drink and then bowl? that is the question