Thursday, June 7, 2012

This is my final post for Centurion CrossFit Fort Hood. Saturday I will be at CrossFit for Hope as my final event before I PCS to Fort Sam Houston. I am unable to put into words the impact that this organization and community has had on my life. Over the past four years it has helped develop and mold me in to the person I am today. When Don Clarkson and I meet on the CrossFit Discussion boards to talk about starting a non-profit affiliate I never new it would grow into this. There are some people I need to thank for your support over the years. First I want to thank Don Clarkson as a partner I could not have asked for a better friend and mentor. I know that your new gym is seeing outstanding success and I am proud to see you grow. Please stay safe on your current deployment and I look forward to seeing you down the road so we can toast to old times. To my trainers, Andy Sanchez, April Jordan, Kira Bishop, Michael Martin, Fredy Arguello, Jennifer Kruse, Erin Carter, Reagan & Joel Prather, Michelle Vander Pluym Hueffmeier. You are the SOUL of this place. Your volunteer work humbles me everyday. I am so thankful for your dedication because our growth and excellence is because of each one of you. The local gyms that have support us are many but incluse, CrossFit Central, CrossFit 254, CrossFit Beyond Limits, CrossFit CENTEX, and CrossFit Cedar Park. Thanks guys we would not be where we are today with out you. Lastly I have to say thank you to my athletes. This family is yours and you make up the core. I would especially like to thank Leslie Alcon, you were the first for Don & I and your dedication sparked what became a raging wildfire on Fort Hood. All of you have the potential to reach only your limits you set for yourself. Be a Centurion and BE UNSTOPPABLE! As I close this chapter in my life I know I will always look back with longing to be a part of something so great again. I will check in from time to time, but never again will I be the face of who we are. You are in good hand with Andy and Mike and who ever will follow. Again thank you for the great time and all the support I have received from this amazing family. Dave Taylor CCF-FH CoFounder

No comments: