Thursday, February 19, 2009

News and the WOD

The News
First
As Don posted earlier this week because of training cycles, classes, and TDY trips the gym may not be operating on its normal schedule. Starting next week I am in Combative Lvl 2, Don is heading to Korea, Karen is in NC, and Joel will be all that is available to train. I might be able to make it to class late but I will most likely have to leave early. My class lasts for 2 weeks and the following week, Don is still in Korea, Karen in NC, and I have a week long range that I have to run. I know that I won’t be able to be there during that week at all. Then there are some more things coming down the pipe also. I am very sorry but you have to remember that we have green suit jobs as well. Please keep an eye on the website so that you will know what the WOD is and if for some reason class needs to be canceled. We will try and let you know at least a day a head of time. If possible I will try and hold a Saturday class if we miss some weekday classes. Please comment or email me with interest. I will post when and if those classes will be held.

Second
As you can see our little group is growing, fast! We only started 2 ½ months ago. We still have some of the people from the original classes but word of mouth has brought us great new people too.
Soon we will have to cap the size and require some basic knowledge to attend. New patrons will only be accepted only if they complete a fundamentals class series. We are working on developing that now. Its not happening yet but it might soon. We will have to work off a first come first serve for those who have been thru fundamentals or attending for a while and have a basic understanding of movements. This will also allow us to move into some more advanced movements and WODs especially when the new equipment arrives.

Ok, sorry for all the bad new folks. I am having a great time and even though I spend about 6-7 hours a week out of my personal time.
And tomorrows WOD is

For Time
Run 1200m
25 Burpees
Run 800m
50 Burpees
Run 400m
75 Burpees

This is a long WOD we will start the WOD at 12.15 to give everyone plenty of time. We will also cap the work limit at 45 minutes ending the class at 1 o’clock. Don’t worry about getting it done in the 45 min, you just keep going and going and going and complete as much as you can during the time limits.

6 comments:

XFitDoc said...

Mission comes first, so it's perfectly understandable. I'll be happy if you just post a WOD. We can then do it on our own and post our times. That way, even though we may not have your expert guidance, we can still participate together as a group.

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Despite our currently crazy schedules, the gym is just going to get better and better. As the new equipment comes in, the warm ups will begin incorporating it and we will have skill days where we get everyone comfortable working on the GHDs, C2 rowers, pull up bars and ab mats. This will enable us to have some really good WODs and you guys will benefit from increased capacity.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

understand also with the call of duty. It's all about motivation weather we will do it ourselves...I think we will, I know I will. Can't wait till the new equipments get in, I miss those workouts and rowing!!!!so we will be able to use he equipments will you guys are gone?

XFitDoc said...

Does anyone have a non-stretch measuring tape that they can bring to the WOD on Friday? If someone is willing, I'd like to measure my waist and neck so I can determine my body fat percentage. Thank ya!

Leslie said...

i have one doc...i'll bring it!
I'll check my BF too then