Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fridays WOD

Friday we will meet in a new location to work on Pull Ups. Don is going to post a map later but it’s on the 4ID side of post. We will go over pull ups and kipping to build up our skills. The WOD is "Tabata Something Else” Tabata is an interval system designed by Dr. Izumi Tabata.

This is an explanation straight from the Crossfit.com Site:

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

We may change it for scale and work but you get the idea. Its a great burner in just a short amount of time.

Also, Great Job on the WOD from Wednesday! That was a smoker. I did it this morning during PT to see how it was and I got 4 rds + 8 Burpees as rxd, and let me tell you my whole body hurt from those dumbbells thrusters. My boss also did it with me and he knocked out a great 3 rds + 10 burpees with 25lbs.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

GREAT WORKOUT! Kicked me right on the tailbone. Tabata score of 37 is good enough for me. Have a nice weekend and see you guys on Wednesday! Glad to be back to reality.

centurion_crossfit forthood said...

Great work everyone! I was smoked!

Mel - 35

Don - 36

Leslie - 37

Dave - 44

Have a good weekend and we'll be back at it Wednesday.

Coov said...

Cant wait to start on Wed have been doing this at home for 2 months. See ya Wed