Thursday, January 28, 2010

With a continuously running clock do one 135 (w - 95#) pound Clean and Jerk the first minute, two 135 pound Clean and Jerks the second minute, three 135 pound Clean and Jerks the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/cfj-nov-05/clean-n-jerk.wmv

This is the last WOD I am programming before I deploy. Dave will take over beginning next week. I want to thank everyone for making our box such a great place to train and helping create such an awesome community!! We have a ton of new Level 1 certified trainers and you can expect to see them helping with classes shorty.

If you want to keep up with what WODs Andy, Phil and I are doing downrange, click the picture of the Soldier on the left side of the blog. It will take you to Centurion CrossFit Fort Hood Forward, where we will be posting all the CrossFit fun we will be enjoying in Iraq. Here is the link: http://crossfitforthoodforward.blogspot.com/

We have four people training for the CrossFit Games Sectionals. Please plan a road trip to Austin to cheer them on and support them, when they compete March 13 - 14. If you have never been, you cannot believe the energy and community at a Games qualifier. It's also a great place to pick up CrossFit kit. All the rowers in last year's Regionals were brand new and shipped in the the competition and then sold at a large discount.

Finally, if you are wondering why I have not been in the gym hitting WODs, I had a CT scan of my lungs yesterday and I have lower left lobe pneumonia. I have had pneumonia since late December but they have been slow to properly diagnose and treat it (I was wondering why last week's WOD sucked so bad!) I am on some strong antibiotics now and hopefully, that will fix me. Hopefully I will be back in the box hitting a WOD with you guys at least once or twice before I deploy.

4 comments:

Jenn Kruse said...

Get better D! We will miss you.

Anonymous said...

Don, we are all going to miss you!!! Thank you for all you've done for us! Donny and I will definitely keep track of what's going on with "forward" and the box here in Ft Hood when we get sent to VA.

Nic Kirkland said...

Godspeed and kick ass Don!

Brandon Newton said...

Don,

Good Luck on the deployment. You have made a lasting mark on the attitudes about Crossfit in the Army, and have no doubt motivated the soldiers and their families that have trained there to do great things.
Make sure you keeping hitting the WODs over there- you will have a new crop of believers in no time.

Brandon